June and July are going to be awesome, busy, travel-filled months. Take a look at our summer schedule:
June: church camping trip, Rocky Point trip, night at a resort in Scottsdale, Daniel leaving for a 4-day adventure, Disney On-The-Road (I DO get to go!), Harrison’s 1st birthday, and Vanessa’s 1st dance recital
More than half the days in June are spoken for!
July: MAINE (driving cross country both ways)
We will be gone for almost the entire month. Look for lots of fun pictures and trip reports!
August: back to school and Carter’s 6th birthday (planning on a Plants vs Zombies party!)
And we’ll just take it to that point for now!!
Let’s see how my 20 wishes are coming along…
1. complete a
5k, a 10k, a half-marathon, and a full marathon– My goal (as of basically this second) is to complete the 10k before leaving for Maine.
2. dip Harrison’s feet in the
Pacific and Atlantic oceans– Pacific, check!
3. get out of debt/save money
4. get all my photos and videos organized and backed up
5. record an album
6. do something fun for my 30th birthday– I started the morning at 5am when I rolled over in bed and my husband decided that meant I was awake. He surprised me with the diamond earrings I’ve wanted for a long time. So pretty! Then I took the kids to Denny’s for breakfast (free Grand Slam!), my mom watched the kids while Daniel and I went to Red Robin for lunch (free burger!), and then we drove to Payson (visiting family for Memorial Day), and our relatives watched our kids while Daniel and I went to see Godzilla at the movie theatre. We will be celebrating with my parents this Saturday by taking in a Diamondbacks game, while eating/sitting at the stadium’s TGI Friday’s! Birthday fun all month long!
7. take a class, any class!
8. improve our backyard– I put together the swingset, and the kids have been loving it! I am also planning on buying some flower bushes for the backyard, under our bedroom windows, so I can fulfill the “plant a garden” item on my 30 Before 30 list!
9. visit Maine/road trip cross country with my family/take throwback photos with my husband
10. embrace 30– Done. I have a feeling I’m going to love my 30s!
two one more blogging conference– Elevate, check! Blended (& Blogging Concentrated) coming up in October!
12. make money from my blog
13. do something that scares me
14. overhaul my wardrobe
15. have a mommy and me day with each of my children– Carter and I had a fantastic time at the Arizona Science Center! Looking forward to a day with Vanessa and a day with Harrison!
16. optimize all blog posts/optimize my site– I’ve optimized all posts from 2008, 2009, and 2010, with a short list of ones that need more fixing, and I’ve started working on 2011. I’m also working through several different workshops/sites to get my blog to where I want it to be (aka perfect).
17. find the perfect pair of jeans
18. automate what I can (blog and life)
19. go on an overnight staycation with daniel
20. have a 24-hours-of-me day/treat yo self
(21. Do a show)
It’s a full life, it’s a fun life, and we’re living it up!
How is 2014 going for you? What are you doing this summer?