Today is our 9th anniversary!
If anyone were to ask me for marriage advice, I would say to marry someone you love, but way more importantly, marry someone you like. After 9 years, I still enjoy talking to Daniel about his day, watching our favorite shows together, and planning for the future. A future that will include many more anniversaries.
So tonight we will go out and celebrate our marriage and our friendship. We don’t know for sure what we are doing yet, but it doesn’t matter, because we just like being together.
And while I was writing this, he just came home with flowers. #keeper
Today is also a 20 Wishes check-in day, so here is my list and progress so far. There are 2 months and 8 items left!
a 5k, a 10k, a half-marathon, and a full marathon- Marathon training is in full swing!
2. dip Harrison’s feet in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans4. get all my photos and videos organized and backed up
3. get out of debt/save money
5. record an album
6. do something fun for my 30th birthday
7. take a class, any class!
8. improve our backyard- Daniel did some work on this! He did some weed-eating, picked up toys, swept, and my mom gave us an outdoor rug to put down on the cement. We’ve actually been able to go outside and play! Still a little more weed-eating to do, but it looks a whole lot nicer!
9. visit Maine/road trip cross country with my family/take throwback photos with my husband
10. embrace 30
11. attend two blogging conferences
12. make money from my blog
13. do something that scares me- I think something will be coming up before the end of the year, but it’s not finalized yet…!
14. overhaul my wardrobe- Harrison and I had a nice little half day while Vanessa was at the zoo, and Carter had a half day at school. It would have been nice to have the whole day together, but he naps in the afternoon anyway! We played with trains and I took him for his 15-month checkup (no shots!).
15. have a mommy and me day with each of my children
16. optimize all blog posts/optimize my site- I still have a long to-do list, but I have a great system in place now, and I’m excited to say that soon I will be offering an e-course on how to organize and optimize your blog!
17. find the perfect pair of jeans
18. automate what I can (blog and life)
19. go on an overnight staycation with Daniel
20. have a 24-hours-of-me day/treat yo self
(21. Do a show)
What are you wishing for?